This short course introduces the structure and use of the MySQL relational database platform.
We discuss the basic concepts of a relational database, how user accounts are used to connect to the database server and the use of SQL for querying data.
Practical examples are given and attendees are shown how to use the phpMyAdmin platform to work with a MySQL database.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to use MySQL for the storage and retrieval of data in a web development environment, or for non developers and managers who want to understand how MySQL can be used in data driven applications.
At the end of this course attendees will:
- Be familiar with the key concepts of MySQL and relational databases
- Be able to use phpMyAdmin to create a database and enter data
- Be able to construct simple SQL staements to retrieve data.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The role of MySQL
- The MySQL server
- Databases, tables & columns
- Data types
- Relational concepts
- Introduction to phpMyAdmin
- Entering and updating records
- Creating simple queries with SQL
Resources & Materials
- Tuition by an expert instructor
- Full documentation in PDF format
- Exercises and solutions
- Example files
- Recordings of sessions (online only)
- Access to dedicated training forums
|Course schedule||Duration||Sessions||Session times||Format||Price||Credits|
|TBA||5 hrs||2 x 2.5hrs||TBA||Online||£125||2|