MySQL & PHP Workshop
This course takes an in-depth look at the use of MySQL in a PHP development environment.
It starts with a brief review of general MySQL concepts and then moves along to look at the different libraries and packages that are available within PHP for working with MySQL.
We then explore the pros and cons of data processing within the MySQL server and PHP environments and options and techniques for optimising performance in a PHP based application.
This course is aimed at PHP developers that want to optimise the use of MySQL in their applications.
At the end of this course attendees will:
- Be familiar with options for connectivity between PHP and MySQL
- Understand how to incorporate data into a PHP environment
- Be able to use MySQL based prepared statements and stored procedures from PHP
- Be familiar with techniques to optimise the use of MySQl and data caching
To get the most out of the course, attendees should be somewhat familiar with HTML and CSS and have worked with PHP.
- Review of MySQL and Structured Query Language
- Connecting PHP & MySQL
- Integrating data into the PHP environment
- Binding data to PHP objects
- Calling stored procedures from PHP
- Using prepared statements
- Minimising network traffic with data caching
- Security considerations and best practices
Resources & Materials
- Tuition by an expert instructor
- Access to a live server for practice
- Full documentation in PDF format
- Exercises and solutions
- Example files
- Recordings of sessions (online only)
- Access to dedicated training forums
|Course schedule||Duration||Sessions||Session times||Format||Price||Credits|
|TBA||7.5 hrs||3 x 2.5hrs||TBA||Online||£325||3|